National Transformation Fund
The National Transformation Fund (NTF) was established in 2013 as a means of transforming Grenada’s economy into one that is ever more prosperous and independent.
The NTF finances various projects in Grenada for the benefit of its many industries including tourism, agriculture, and alternative energy. Having made a donation to the NTF, investors are left with a true sense of having contributed to their new nation’s wellbeing.
In order to qualify for the Citizenship by Investment Programme, the investor makes a designated, non-refundable, per-person NTF charitable donation. Thereafter obtaining citizenship is a two-step process that takes more than 12 months.
First, the applicants receive permanent residency, followed by citizenship. In most cases, the application for permanent residence and citizenship is considered at the same time.
The benefit of the NTF is the lack of hassles associated with owning vacation real estate. However, as the NTF program is a non-refundable contribution, the Citizenship by Investment in real estate option may provide a partial or healthy return on investment.
Process of obtaining citizenship of Grenada though investment in the NTF
1. The investor signs the NTL agreement, fills in all application forms and transfers all funds to the NTL escrow account.
2. The application is submitted to the CBI committee with the proof of funds transferred.
3. The due diligence process starts and usually takes 60 days.
4. Once due diligence checks are finished, the approval from the CBI committee is received.
5. The committee procures the Certificate of Citizenship and a passport(s) and passes it to the local agent.
The documents are sent to the investor with a reputable courier service.
N.T.F. donation amounts
Family of 4 with 2 children under 12
Due diligence investor US$5,000
Due diligence spouse US$5,000
Application for family US$6,000 (US$1,500 per person)
Local Agent fee investor US$10,000
Local Agent fee Spouse US$1,000
Local Agent fee children US$2,000 (US$1,000 per person)
Processing investor US$1,500
Processing spouse US$1,500
Processing children under 12 US$1,000 (US$500 per person)
Passport fee US$1,000 (US$ 250 per person)
Total investment US$ 234,000*
* Professional fees for citizenship processing are payable for all applications and will vary depending on the number of dependents and application complexity.
The granting of citizenship is at the sole discretion of the government. There is no guarantee that the applicant will be approved.