In 2013, the independent island nation of Grenada relaunched its Citizenship by Investment Programme.
- Efficiency: A law mandates that routine applications be approved within 60 days of submission, with the passport issued immediately thereafter. (The application cannot be submitted until after the background checks have been performed.)
- Family friendly: By not charging exorbitant processing and due diligence fees for spouses and family members, Grenada is an attractive option for international businessmen looking for security and travel options for their families.
- Visa-free travel: Grenada passport holders are allowed visa-free travel to more than 135 countries.
- Opportunity for E2 Visa treaty with the U.S.
- Zero tax: The island has no income, wealth, or inheritance taxes.
- There is no requirement to visit Grenada in order to qualify for citizenship.