Real Estate Investment
Tourism is a fuel for the county’s economy. In a move to increase tourism-related development, the Citizenship by Investment Programme allows for real estate purchase in approved developments.
To qualify, the investor (or investors) must enter into contract to purchase real estate worth US$350,000 or more. Once the purchase contract has been signed and the full investment amount has been transferred to an escrow account controlled by an on-island attorney, the investor may apply for citizenship.
Once citizenship has been accepted, the investor receives the passport, citizenship certificate, and shares certificate. The only stipulation is that the property may not be sold within four years, or citizenship can be revoked.
Process of obtaining citizenship of Grenada through real estate investment
1. Enter into investment agreement with the approved real estate developer.
2. Transfer full investment and associated fees to escrow account controlled by an on-island attorney.
3. Submit application and required documents (birth, marriage, military certificates, etc).
4. Receive government approval followed by the issue of CBI naturalization certificate.
5. Passport application is submitted and the passport distributed.
Family of 4 with 2 children under 12
Real estate purchase US$350,000
Government fee for family of 4 US$50,000
Due diligence investor US$5,000
Due diligence spouse US$5,000
Application for family US$6,000 (US$1,500 per person)
Local Agent fee investor US$10,000
Local Agent fee spouse US$1,000
Local Agent fee children US$2,000 (US$1,000 per child)
Processing investor US$1,500
Processing spouse US$1,500
Processing children under 12 US$1,000 (US$500 per child)
Passport fee US$1,000 (US$ 250 per person)
Total investment US$434,000*
* Professional fees for citizenship processing are payable for all applications and will vary depending on the number of dependents and application complexity.
The granting of citizenship is at the sole discretion of the government. There is no guarantee that the applicant will be approved.